The following sources are provided for learning more about prostate health. Links to both mainstream medicine and herbal medicine are included.
1. This link is from the National Institute of Diabetic and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). Its main focus is Prostate Enlargement, also known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or BPH.
2. This link shares various treatment options for BPH in mainstream medicine.
3. This link has an herbal formula from David Winston that has been created to support prostate health, especially for men with BPH.
4. This link is for a book on the Saw Palmetto Berry (Serenoa repens) authored by David Winston. This berry is one of the primary herbs for supporting prostate health in Western Herbalism. This book has the most complete information on Saw Palmetto I have ever seen.
5. This link from NIDDK has extensive information on prostatitis.
6. Donnie Yance is an herbalist who specializes in working with people who have degenerative chronic disease, including various forms of cancer, including prostate. This is a link to his website that provides information on the services offered and how to receive treatment and support from his clinic. The clinic is based in Ashland, Oregon but patients can also work with him virtually, via telephone or videoconference.
7. This is a link to an article that summarizes a workshop on Prostate Cancer given by Donnie Yance. It provides very in depth information on ways to support prostate health and the latest research on ways herbal medicine and specific plant nutrients protect the prostate. If you only read one article on this page, read this one.
8. The Male Herbal by James Green, 2nd edition, is an outstanding herbal reference for many aspects of men’s health. It includes a helpful chapter on the prostate with information not included in previous links.