For the Community Herbalist, acquiring dried plants is a straightforward process in the current herb market.
Dried herbs are widely and easily available from many retail stores and online distributors.
Plants that are best processed and/or used fresh can be more challenging to find.
In the modern world of everything being instantly available 24/7, the seasonality of fresh herbs often surprises people.
Important – Plan Ahead – sometimes several months in advance.
Know when your desired fresh herb is available on the 12 month calendar.
The following methods have worked for me over the years.
1. Grow your own in a garden or pot
2. Wildcraft when appropriate
3. Network with friends and community – farmers market, community garden, arboretum, school garden, social media
4. Purchase fresh herbs with priority shipping from small growers Link
5. Pacific Botanicals is a recommended commercial source
6. Trade with or purchase from other herbalists
7. Purchase fresh plant tinctures from Mountain Rose Herbs or other online retailers
8. Contact me – I have an extensive herb pharmacy