For the Community Herbalist, acquiring dried plants is a straightforward process in the current herb market.
Plants that are best processed and/or used fresh can be more challenging to find and are only seasonally available so it is best to plan ahead.
The following methods have worked for me over the years.
1. Grow your own in a garden or pot
2. Wildcraft when appropriate
3. Network with friends and community – farmers market, community garden, arboretum, school garden, social media
4. Purchase fresh herbs with priority shipping from small growers – see https://www.herbalremediesadvice.org/Herb-Farms-Wildcrafters.html
5. Trade with or purchase from other herbalists
6. Purchase fresh plant tinctures from Mountain Rose Herbs or other online retailers
7. VoyageBotanica.net sells both fresh herbs (1 lb minimum) and tinctures (4 – 8 – 16 oz bottles).
8. Contact me – I have an extensive herb pharmacy