In recent years, the traditional practice of using the bitter taste to improve digestion has received renewed interest in the herb community. Yet many people have an incomplete understanding of the What, Why and How of bitters use. The purpose of this workshop is to provide you with the information and skills to make bitters at home and use them appropriately to promote better health.
At this workshop you will learn:
• The purpose of the bitter taste in the plant world.
• The How & Why of the body’s physiological responses to the bitter taste in our diet that extend beyond digestion
• Three ways to add bitters to our diet.
• How to balance the energetics of bitters to promote long term healthy digestion
• Sample bitter formulas that can be made at home
• Guidelines for creating your own bitters formula
• How to make dried herb alcohol extracts (tincture) that are used as the base of many bitters.
• Making a take-home bottle of digestive bitters in class
When: July 8, 2017
Time: 1:00 – 3:30
Where: Flagstaff, location details will be sent upon registration
Click the button below to pay for this class.
After payment is made, you will be re-directed to a workshop registration page. Once I receive your registration information, I will email you directions to the workshop location.